3 Watt Dimmable LED Clear Edison bulb E26 . This new form LED (Light-emitting diode) with modern high efficiency LED technology. A warm color temp of 2400K ensures a vintage filament type color. This style LED is a circuit board style chip and are using the latest technology. Although rated as dimmable we have no data yet regarding the type of dimmer required and some testing may be required.
The shaped glass is exactly like a traditional teardrop Edison shape and fits regular light fittings with good representation of colors. Therefore the bulb is fantastic for atmospheric lighting, in a multi-bulb pendant light, as well as discreet lighting.
Unlike other types of lights, LED’s do not emit UV rays making them safer for long term exposure to people and less attractive to insects.
- Incandescent & halogen lights waste more than 80% of the energy used by generating excess heat.
- LED’s generate far less heat which is why they are so efficient.
- Less heat also means less risk of fire due to overheating of ceiling insulation material.
- LED Lights use 80% less power than conventional incandescent or halogen lights and 50% less than compact florescent.
- The power saving from an LED light will usually pay for itself in less than 2 years.