Purple Insulator Lamps at Seddon Wine Bar are the latest addition to this great little place. Jeremy from the Seddon Wine Store has chosen to replace the halogen downlights over the tables with these Australian 1950’s Telephone wire pin insulators. The color is perfect against dark the grey pattern wallpaper and they throw a soft light onto the tables.
Wired with 3 core cable in black braid and E14 brass lampholder with bronze plated cord grip mechanism, the bulb sits well inside the glass providing a faint purple glow that feels perfect in a wine bar atmosphere. These lights are on dimmers so that perfect control is obtained.
Australian Crystal Glass Limited was established in 1915 in Wyndham Street, Alexandria, NSW, making pressed and hand blown glass. By 1917 hand blowing had ceased and only pressed continued. From 1922 to April 1926 the company became ‘Crystal Glass Ltd’ making items such as the famous glass fruit juicer, and then in 1926 they amalgamated with Australian Glass Manufacturer’s – Crown Glass Works and became known as The Crown Crystal Glass Works Co. Ltd (ref. M. Graham, Australian Glass of the 19th and early 20th Century, p.88). By 1932 The Crown Crystal Glass Co Ltd, was based at Waterloo, and their Trademark resembled that of a ‘map of Australia’. The Crown Crystal Glass Company merged with the American company Corning in the 1972, to become Crown Corning.