5 Watt Dimmable Filament LED Shatterproof GLS E26. This new form LED (Light-emitting diode) with modern high efficiency LED technology. A color temp of 2200K ensures a vintage filament style very warm color. This style bulb is a filament style LED and uses the latest technology. To make a longer life we drop the output to around 1 Watt per filament. We include IC control as protection from Voltage spikes commonly experienced. We also maintain a very high Color Rendition Index.
This bulb is made from a crystal clear Polycarbonate fire resistant shell rather than glass specifically for commercial food prep areas that require shatterproof bulbs. Made of high grade material with a scratch resistant coating that will not shatter into pieces on impact. Polycarbonate glass replacement bulbs are more resilient than Shatterproof glass bulbs and they are safe over food preparation areas. No glass means there is no danger of small glass fragments getting into food or drinks.
The shaped glass is exactly like a traditional GLS shape and fits regular light fittings. The bulb is fantastic for atmospheric lighting, in a multi-bulb pendant light, as well as discreet lighting.
Unlike other types of lights, LED’s do not emit UV rays making them safer for long term exposure to people and less attractive to insects.
- Incandescent & halogen lights waste more than 80% of the energy used by generating excess heat.
- LED’s generate far less heat which is why they are so efficient.
- Less heat also means less risk of fire due to overheating of ceiling insulation material.
- LED Lights use 80% less power than conventional incandescent or halogen lights and 50% less than compact florescent.
- The power saving from an LED light will usually pay for itself in less than 2 years.