Edison E39 A165 9W Dimmable Filament LED Goliath. This new form LED (Light-emitting diode) with modern high efficiency LED technology. A color temp of 2200K ensures a vintage filament style warm color. This style bulb is a filament style LED and uses the latest technology. This bulb contains 16 pcs of 4 cm long filament. To make a longer life we drop the output to around 1 Watt per filament. We include IC control as protection from Hi/Low Voltage spikes commonly experienced. We also maintain a high Color Rendition Index.
The shaped glass is exactly like a traditional A165 shape and fits regular light fittings with good representation of colors. Therefore the bulb is fantastic for atmospheric lighting, in a multi-bulb pendant light, as well as discreet lighting.
Fits standard GES industrial socket.
Unlike other types of lights, LEDs do not emit UV rays making them safer for long term exposure to people and less attractive to insects.
- Incandescent & halogen lights waste more than 80% of the energy used by generating excess heat.
- LEDs generate far less heat which is why they are so efficient.
- Less heat also means less risk of fire due to overheating of ceiling insulation material.
- LED Lights use 80% less power than conventional incandescent or halogen lights and 50% less than compact flourescents.
- The power saving from an LED light will usually pay for itself in less than 2 years.
E39 is an industrial version bulb with many applications in the past including large metal shade type lights and Ships deck lamps. These shades were often made to accommodate the longer neck of this type of bulb and so the bulb is allowed to protrude further out from the neck. This also allows the hot end of the bulb to be further away from the electrical connection so as to minimize heat damage to electrical components. This is largely irrelevant now due to modern bulbs and sockets but the industrial nature of this design is still an interesting proposition. This bulb can also be used in our specially made pendant type sockets using braided or pulley cable. See our E39 Socket.